CBD has been all the rage lately, and for good reason. For those who don’t know, Cbd is a cannabis compound that does not give you a high but still provides many health benefits.
Ever since it became legal in the United States, there have been many CBD brands popping up left, right, and center. It can be hard to spot one with our best interests at heart! That’s why I’m so happy that cbdMD made their way into my life and the lives of many people seeking alternative ways to relieve the stress of daily life or to boost their overall experience on this blue planet we call home.
The company has made a name for itself in the industry thanks to the quality of the products it creates. It’s known for using high-grade CBD sourced from hemp grown organically in the United States. The brand also uses GMP-certified manufacturing processes, which means that its products are produced under strict guidelines.
One of the other things that set cbdMD apart from its competitors is that they offer an array of products beyond just oils and capsules. The company also offers tinctures, gummies, topicals, and even bath bombs! The wide selection of products means that there’s something for everyone at cbdMD.
I have tried many of their products personally, and they have never let me down. I know that they offer top-quality products at a fair price. I also love how they are constantly innovating and improving their brand.
But if you want to know why I am a fan of this brand, keep reading while I get into the juicy details.
My Top Choice From cbdMD
cbdMD Freeze Pain Relief
This is one of their most marketed products! But is that why this is my top choice from cbdMD? Most certainly not! I pride myself on being free from the shackles of mind-bending marketing, although the freeze pain relief product is indeed as good as cbdMD markets it to be. It also just happens to be the main product they use to sponsor the MMA fights, which has given this company a ton of exposure. We will dig more into the product line a little later, but if you want a product other than a topical, then my secondary choices are their gummies (which come in various yummy flavors) and their broad-spectrum CBD oils. Now, their oils are not necessary a stand out compared to other brands, but I do find their quality up to standard, and I like the fact that they are in a decent price range with their trustworthy broad-spectrum product development.
If you’re looking for CBD products, cbdMD is a great place to start. It’s one of the best-known manufacturers in the industry, and it specializes in broad-spectrum CBD products that are among the highest-quality I’ve seen. One of my favorite things about this company is its pricing. There’s only a minimal difference between their most expensive and cheapest products, yet both are well above my average mark for quality.
cbdMD offers a wide range of products, from CBD oil to topicals to pet products. A few things to note about cbdMD:
- All of the company’s products are made with broad-spectrum CBD and contain no THC. cbdMD’s broad-spectrum approach to product development is pending a patent and also ensures that they are offering a unique and dedicated approach to giving people CBD products focused on maximizing the plant’s full range of benefits (without the THC) rather than trying to gun for the cheapest way to develop a product.
- All of cbdMD’s products get sent to a third-party lab for testing. The company claims to test their products at every stage of the supply chain, from harvest to finished product.
- The cbdMD product development is worth noting, especially when a sea of CBD brands are punting their products, all vying for a seat at the front. Why should this matter? The way I see it is that if a brand prioritizes their product development, it means they genuinely care about what their customers have to say. This also indicates a good deal of focus is placed on customer service as they listen to what people are saying and what the market is asking for. In a world that continuously prioritizes profit over people, it certainly is a good sign when I see a company that treats people as humans with needs rather than numbers to boost their payroll.
- All products feature cbdMD’s Superior Broad Spectrum Formula so that you can enjoy the wellness benefits of CBD with a full entourage effect minus the THC.
- They’re third-party lab-tested for purity and potency, so you know exactly what you’re getting every time.
- All products come from high-grade American hemp grown right here in the good ol’ U.S. of A. to ensure quality control and consistency (plus, their farmers use sustainable agriculture practices that are way better for the environment).
- cbdMD offers a wide range of products so you can find everything you need (if you need a topical and a gummy, for example) from one place
- And as if that weren’t enough, cbdMD also offers free shipping on all U.S. orders over $79.95, a 60-day money-back guarantee on all items, and uses a proprietary hybrid process to remove the THC from their products. So you can get all the benefits of CBD without having to worry about failing a drug test for your job or losing eligibility for your sports league.
- Their only shipping option is FedEx.
- While cbdMD has seen a lot of success, it has also had its fair share of trouble. Anytime you’re dealing with sensitive information, there is a chance that something could go wrong, and customers’ data can be compromised. The company was hit with a class-action lawsuit filed by customers in California affected by its data breaches.
CBDMD has a wide variety of products, from topicals to pet products, with excellent customer service and a 60-day money-back guarantee to back it all up. There is a lot to be said for a company that can offer a money-back guarantee on their products, and so let’s start unpacking why I think cbdMD should get a quality stamp of approval:
When chatting about a brand’s quality, it can be helpful to see where and how they position themselves in terms of sponsorship and athlete backing. Because, if you really think about it, they would be putting their necks on the line if they did not have a credible quality yet still backed prominent athletes and sporting events.
Aside from being a clever marketing technique, the backing of sports events and athletes also shows me that the brand really does back their product. And to do so, they would have to ensure that their product quality (across the product range) is high.
But the best part? In my opinion, backing a sports star or an entire sporting event is really a phenomenal way to dispel one of the greatest’ enemies’ that a CBD brand could face: the question of THC. Most sports and sporting events run drug tests to ascertain whether or not their competing athletes have any prohibited substances in their system, including THC. And one of the most asked questions that I see about CBD products is a concern about whether or not you can trust that a drug test will come up as being THC-free. Therefore, sponsoring athletes is one of the surest ways they can prove their quality is trustworthy- not only the quality of the product but the quality of their product is safe to use and THC free.
One of the reasons I like cbdMD is that they are transparent about their products. You can find a lab report for that specific batch on each product page. It’s a nice touch to be able to see exactly what you’re getting from a specific bottle.
The cbdMD brand is one of the most familiar names in the CBD industry. In fact, it’s been hard to avoid this company over the past few years. This cbdMD review looks at why that is and explores what makes cbdMD stand out from its competitors.
It’s not hard to see why cbdMD has become such a well-known name in the CBD industry.
The company’s products are everywhere – from gift shops to convenience stores. It also sponsors many sports teams, including MMA athletes and MMA events. Now, I know next to nothing about MMA and its events, but it doesn’t take an enthusiast to understand that a sport like MMA will give even the fittest body a beating. So the fact they sponsor these athletes and the events they take part in should boost their reputation (in my humble opinion).
Once you’ve checked that a brand has a verifiable, reputable business history, it’s time to look for official warnings. To learn more about a CBD brand’s reputation, it’s wise to check if the brand has an FDA warning letter on file. CBD brands that have no FDA warning letters receive the highest marks. So far, cbdMD has been given a clean bill of health by the FDA.
While this review has gone swimmingly so far, it is in this section that you will begin to notice that it is not all sunshine and roses for cbdMD. However, before you cancel your cart, I think it is worth noticing that while they were slapped with a lawsuit, it is not to do with their product quality- instead, they were the victims of a data breach.
A few Californian residents filed a lawsuit against the company after the data breach, which has subsequently tarnished their reputation. However, overall, cbdMD continues to maintain a high product standard and is associated with consistent quality.
Additionally, cbdMD has found themselves in the middle of a lawsuit that claims they sold their products as unapproved drugs. As much as I personally like this brand, I cannot feel confident writing a review about this company without mentioning this.
Do I think it should reflect poorly on the brand? While I understand that a lawsuit like this may add a little mark to a reputation, I don’t really believe that it is a reflection of their product- instead, I think that it is a reflection on the opinion of the complaintive regarding CBD products in general.
I scoured every inch of the internet to get a whole perspective of this company’s reputation, and I am confident in saying that they have carried an excellent reputation on their shoulders with regards to their customer service and product satisfaction.
Overall, cbdMD is a trusted brand with an interesting history. Like most companies, this company has its share of lawsuits, but it’s done some pretty cool things and does other things well too.
As you probably already saw in my Pros and Cons list, cbdMD offers you free shipping on orders higher than $69.99. While this is great, the company only offers FedEx as a shipping option- and that’s only if you live in America. Granted, a large percent of you reading this will be from the good ol’ U S of A, but what about people who don’t?
Does cbdMD Ship Internationally?
CbdMD only ships to the U.S. However, you can access CBD oil globally if you use mail forwarding. One company, in particular, Shipito, is quite popular with international buyers, and they ship directly to your door.
Never used a mail forwarding system before? Don’t worry. It’s pretty simple:
after you have signed up for a mail forwarding system, like Shipito, you should get an American address once you have reached the checkout page on cbdMD. cbdMD will then ship your package off to the American address.
From here, Shipito will literally forward the package to the international address you gave them. And then? Well, then you wait for it to arrive at your home. As you can imagine, this method will incur higher costs than if you were to simply order through a regular delivery system. But it does give youth the option of buying cbdMD products directly from the company if you don’t live in the USA.
cbdMD offers a convenient 60-day money-back return policy on all of their products. However, because they are a large company and understand that some sneaky people are out there, the returns are subject to review. I have not heard of many review cases where a return is rejected.
cbdMd has a pretty impressive repertoire when it comes to their product range. What I find pretty impressive is their continuous product development. I commend the team of people working to constantly develop new and improved recipes and products. And one thing that might not be so obvious to most people is that this shows a high level of customer engagement and a robust customer success team- because they are listening to what their customers have to say and relay that information to their product development team. So, kudos to the team behind the brand.
Ok, pats on the back aside, let’s take a look at the product types cbdMD offers us.
cbdMD uses a broad-spectrum extraction process to collect most of hemp’s significant cannabinoids and terpenes. Aside from cannabinoids and terpenes, the broad-spectrum extract also ensures the integrity of fatty acids and flavonoids are also preserved in the final product.
it is worth noting that although broad-spectrum preserved the cannabinoid profiles, it does not include THC! cbdMD’s product range is made from hemp, which implies that nature will dictate whether or not there will be THC in there anyway.
Do you prefer full-spectrum products? Well, cbdMD also caters to your needs as well. There is a range of full-spectrum CBD products as well. their full spectrum range includes softgels like a capsule) and oils.
The Full cbdMD Range Includes the Following Product Types
- products aimed at assisting with sleep
- beverages and edibles
- pet products
- bath bombs
Let’s chat about pets and CBD real quick. No concrete data shows how CBD will affect your pet. as we always say with humans, make sure you start with a low dose and monitor the effects. Remember, your little furry friend will have a much lower tolerance than us, so please be mindful and cautious. It is a good idea to have a chat with your trusted vet before giving your pet CBD.
And in that same breath, it can be a bright idea to chat to your trusted G.P. if you have never used CBD products before. This is especially pertinent if you take any other medications, as CBD could disrupt how your regular meds interact with your body.
Overall, cbdMD’s products are priced reasonably compared to other products in a similar line. I would even say that they are very well priced for their quality, which is one of the reasons I recommend this brand.
cbdMD’s products are available in many strengths, flavors, and sizes. Naturally, the price will adjust according to the potency and the product size.
The lowest price comes in with the 300mg, and the price increases up to the 7,500 mg products. But remember, this doesn’t mean that the 300mg is the ‘cheapest’ or most affordable.
Depending on your tolerance level, this could actually work out more expensive for you. The lower the potency, the more product you will use at one time. If you have low tolerance, though, this won’t really apply to you- it is more for those with a higher tolerance level.
cbdMD Offers Several Discount Programs
Active and retired veterans receive a 30% discount on all cbdMD products.
If you are legally disabled, you can enjoy a 40% discount across all cbdMD products.
First Responders Program
First responders enjoy 30% on all of cbdMD’s products.
If you fall into any of these categories, you simply need to reach out to customer service, and they will help set up an account for you.
Mention discount packages as well
How to Choose the Right cbdMD Products
Are you ready to give cbdMD’s products a whirl? Great! Now all that’s left is actually choosing which ones are right for you. Now I can’t go on and tell you which to choose- because ultimately, it comes down to which delivery method you prefer.
I like to shake things up, so I have a couple of different products that suit the time of day and the purpose. I enjoy three types of products for basic ‘everyday’ kind of needs:
- There’s the soft gel when I want a slow-release and more prolonged effects. This is great for when I want to wind down in the evenings. Softgels are also an excellent idea for beginners since you don’t have to worry about dosing.
- I love tinctures! I use tinctures when I want to experience the effects quickly. For example, I have recently gotten adult braces. And you know what? I always heard they were uncomfortable, but I never really realized just how uncomfortable and painful they are (now I really feel sorry for the kids that get teased for them at school!). When my palette or teeth start aching, I reach for my CBD tincture. A couple drops under the tongue, and I begin to feel the throbbing start to ease within a few minutes.
- And lastly, gummies. Gummies are a fun way to enjoy the benefits of CBD. They are similar to capsules in a sense as they do not require you to do any dosing calculations. They are also a form of slow-release. But although they are considered an edible and are therefore slower release than a tincture, I find that I feel the effects from gummies faster than the softgels.
My Favorite cbdMD Products
As I mentioned above, I choose three product types from cbdMD. So, here are my top choices within those types:
CBD Oil Softgel Capsules
1000 MG – 30 COUNT
But why are these my favorites? Let’s take an unemotional look at the pros and cons.
- Awesome value for money
- Made from hemp in the USA
- A convenient way to dose (without THC)
- Broad-spectrum CBD (includes other cannabinoids like CBG and CBN as well as terpenes and flavanoids)
- Third-party, independent labs test them. But that’s not even the main point! They make it so incredibly easy to see the lab results, which is not all that common! There is a large button beneath the product image, and this tells me they are encouraging people to take a peek at their lab reports.
- There is only one con I can think of with these, although the hemp is grown on USA soil, they are not all that transparent about exactly where (which farm or state) the hemp comes from.
Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tincture
NATURAL – 1500 MG – 30 ML
I choose the middle ground here- the 1500mg instead of the 3000mg. And it is one step up from the lowest potency.
- Comes in two choices (the natural and the mint choc flavor). And the flavored version uses organic peppermint oil.
- Made with MCT oil
- It is clean! You can check out the third-party lab reports, so you are absolutely sure that there are no pesky pesticides or any harmful additives.
- There is only one flavor option, choc mint. If you don’t like a choc-mint flavor or the natural taste of CBD oil, then you might want to shop around a bit and select a different brand that offers more flavor options.
CBD Wellness Gummies
There are so many options to choose from with cbdMD’s gummies! Firstly, there are three different types of gummies (sour, wellness, and tropical).
I am a bit of a self-confessed wellness nerd, so naturally, my favorite is the CBD Wellness Gummies.
My favorite gummies are the Ashwagandha CBD wellness gummies.
- There are so many options to choose from. Even though my choice, the Ashwagandha, is an odd taste, these gummies are formulated with raspberry flavor, so my tastebuds don’t have to suffer too much for my health!
- Third-party lab tested
- THC free but still get the benefit of a full cannabinoid and terpene profile
- There is only one potency option (750mg)
- There is only one size option (package of 60 gummies)
There are so many CBD brands on the market it would seem as if we are spoilt for choice. But if you think about it, how many brands are out there that are priced fairly but still offer premium quality that you can trust?
When you start narrowing down based on companies that offer transparent test results, practices and quality standards, I am only left with a handful of alternatives to consider:
This brand offers quality that I feel safe to trust, but their products are priced slightly higher.
Suppose organic CBD brands and products are important to you, then give Joy Organics a try. They offer premium organic broad-spectrum CBD oil that are also a little higher priced than cbdMD.
This brand is one of my top choices as an alternative to cbdMD’s capsules and softgels. Royal CBD’s full spectrum capsules are made with premium CBD, and I like that they are full-spectrum. Their pricing is similarly structured to cbdMD, so I feel Royal CBD’s capsules are the top competitor to cbdMD’s capsules.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Is cbdMD a Good Brand?
Answer: Yes, cbdMD has a generally positive reputation for producing high-quality CBD products. The company’s website contains many positive reviews and some negative reviews, but there are more positive reviews than negative ones.
Question: Does cbdMD Show up on Drug Tests?
Answer: If your drug test is testing for THC, you should be safe! cbdMD’s products are made from hemp (which should not contain traceable THC levels), so even their full-spectrum products should be without THC.
Question: Do Gummies Make me High?
cbdMD’s gummies are made with CBD oil. While CBD oil doesn’t have intoxicating ingredients, you may feel a sensation of wellness or relaxation. Start with small doses and increase as needed.
CBDMD carries a variety of products, including capsules, topical creams, topical oils, pet products, and tinctures. They are GMP certified and have passed extensive product testing. CbdMD ships quickly and offers discount programs for members. They cater to almost anyone, whether your favorite is full or broad-spectrum, gummies, or bath bombs. I love the sheer variety this company has to offer and their impressive product development. I am a fan of cbdMD, although I would like to know exactly where they source their hemp.
Learn more about CBD by readings these guides below:
Choosing the Best CBD for Restless Leg Syndrome